Blog Geek Tips
I love a list. In fact I could write a list of lists! I am that person who writes something on a to-do list I have already done, just so I can have the satisfaction of crossing it off. Lists make me happy, they make me feel like I am in control. Without them I would forget everything. Mumnesia is totally real.
This months blog geek tips is all about the list. More precisely your blogging checklist. And I have a free printable just for you!
I have two standard checklists for every blog post I write. One is a post edit checklist and the other a post promotion checklist. Not everything will be relevant for all posts, and there might be other things that you do, but this is a good place for me to start to ensure I don’t forget anything.
The Post Edit Checklist
- Create images for all of your social media
- Set a featured image
- Ensure all of your alt tags and descriptions are labelled
- Are the images opitmised?
- Add back links to any relevant posts you have previously written.
- Encourage your reader to stick around by adding related posts at the end of your post.
- Do you have two green lights in Yoast?
- Have you checked your keywords in google keyword planner?
- Are there any relevant affiliate links you could include?
- Is there an opportunity to pitch this post to a brand as a sponsored post?
- Could you include any opt ins?
Follow / no follow links
- Amend any links as necessary
- Have you included any relevant disclaimers if required.
- Final proof read and aesthetic check.
The Post Promotion Checklist
- Contact the brand you worked with for the post if relevant to tell them it is live and send invoice.
- Add the link for this post to any o your old posts where it might be relevant.
- Join in with any relevant linkys
- Take part in comment pods
- Schedule repeated tweets
- Tag any brands or networks that me be relevant in the initial tweets
- Schedule on your page
- Pin to the top of the page
- Share in any relevant groups
To receive a printable checklist to use for blogging enter your email address below.
Check out these great posts from other bloggers about the list!
- Why You Should Make Lists – Love From Mim
- The Ultimate 22 Point Blog Checklist – Writtent
- 17 Things You Should Do To Every Blog Post – Melyssa Griffin
- My Daily Blogging Tasks – Oh So Amelia
My monthly Blog Geek Tips Feature:
I hope you find this post useful. Let me know if there is a blog geek subject you would like some tips on.
Follow my Pinterest board for more blog geek tips.