The last two weeks of Loving Me has been tough to write and scary to publish. So I thought I would lighten things up a bit this week with a look at the things that always happen when you are on a diet; The sods laws of dieting.
- The start of your diet coincides with the launch of the Great British Bake Off and everyone everywhere is talking about cakes, and making cakes.
- Your normally empty social life, is suddenly brimming with nights out promising to be full of food and wine.
- You find a gorgeous dress but your normal size is too big and the next size down is too small. Story of my life.
- A friend buys you a gift from the holy grail that is Hotel Chocolat and you have to let the kids eat it.
- You always loose weight from the places you least want to loose it.
- It’s always someone’s birthday at the office and they always bring cakes.
- When you finally fit back into the jeans you were so desperate to wear, you realise they are no longer ‘fashionable.’
- In the world of retail it’s always Christmas or Easter so there’s basically temptation everywhere. All of the time.
- Every advertisement you see seems to be for food, and the Marks & Spencers advertisement makes you drool.
- You’ve been bang on it all week and only loose a pound, whereas your mate has eaten out three times, had a McDonald’s to cure her hangover, consumed the weight of a small child in chocolate, and looses 3 pounds.
Loving Me is a weekly weight loss series following the LighterLife Fast plan.
My Weight Loss Diary
What is LighterLife Fast?
LighterLife Fast is based on the 5:2 diet concept. You eat healthily for 5 days and then fast for 2 days on restricted calories. On the fast days you eat 4 of the LighterLife Fast food packs. These food packs give you 100% of your daily nutrition.
Being on a diet and sticking to it, is so much to do with a positive head space. When you are feeling positive and motivated it’s easy to stay on track and resist temptation. It’s when the negative thoughts creep in that it becomes so much harder, and all thoughts turn to chocolate!
This week has been tough. The fact that I maintained last week, which I was disappointed with, combined with a tough week with the kids. You know one of those weeks filled with tears and tantrums and the appearance of shouty mum. And of course with the appearance of shouty mum comes a great big extra portion of guilt. Guilt makes hungry.
I’m an emotional eater. When I feel down I want to eat and I want to eat junk. My saving grace this week has been the Lighterlife Fast bars, because they have chocolate on them. I think the fact that I had a couple of those on my fasting days has been the only thing stopping me eating a family size box of Malteasers.
I made the rookie mistake of having the shopping delivered on one of my fasting days which didn’t help the funk that I was in at all!
All moaning aside I did stick to the plan, I just found it a lot harder this week. Hopefully next week I will be feeling more positive.
Week Three Weight Loss:
Total Weight loss: 9 pounds in three weeks.
Check out other posts in the Loving Me series…
If you wish to find out more about LighterLife Fast visit lighterlifefast.com LighterLife Fast products are available exclusively at Superdrug.
Come back next week for part four: Feeling invisible.
This is a collaborative post.
If you liked this post please share. For all the latest posts subscribe to my weekly newsletter below or follow me on my social networks.
I’ve shared this post on some of these fab linkys…