This week on Loving Me I thought I would change things up a bit. There’s been some very raw and emotional posts, there’s been a bit of light relief, and this week I am going practical with a healthy recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
I love Italian food. You cannot go wrong with a pasta recipe. And a quick pasta bake on a cold winters day is a perfect family meal. This LighterLife recipe is great for me because it’s things I always have in the fridge or larder. It’s delicious and it’s filling.
- 100g macaroni
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 60ml stock
- 175g lean minced beef
- 250ml passata
- Pinch granulated sweetener
- Small bunch of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 250ml skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons virtually fat-free fromage frais
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
- Cook the macaroni, drain and set aside.
- Brown the onion and garlic in the stock in a large, non-stick pan until softened. Add the mince and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the passata, sweetener and basil, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend the cornflour and a little of the milk in a jug. Bring the remaining milk to the boil in a non-stick pan, reduce the heat, add the cornflour mixture and stir until it thickens. Remove from the heat and stir in the fromage frais, nutmeg and egg. Season to your taste.
- Cover the base of an ovenproof dish with half the pasta. Spoon over the mince, cover with the remaining pasta and top with the white sauce.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with warm ciabatta (optional)
- 1549 Calories per serving
As you can see I used penne instead. Equally yummy!
Loving Me is a weekly weight loss series following the LighterLife Fast plan.
My Weight Loss Diary
What is LighterLife Fast?
LighterLife Fast is based on the 5:2 diet concept. You eat healthily for 5 days and then fast for 2 days on restricted calories. On the fast days you eat 4 of the LighterLife Fast food packs. These food packs give you 100% of your daily nutrition.
So there was a wedding this week. A wedding where we got to leave the kids at home for 24 hours (with adult supervision of course!) There was a lot of free flowing alcohol. A lot of it flowed in my direction. But I had a great time with some great friends and I am not going to feel guilty about it, because it’s really not a regular occurrence!
The rest of the week I was really good. As mentioned last week I fasted on Tuesday and Thursday rather than doing two consecutive days. It made it feel much more manageable. Not so much in what I was eating, but mentally I think I stayed positive. I also tried the double chocolate bar. Wow! Delicious and really filling. I had trouble finishing it.
Because of the wedding I wasn’t expecting a huge loss this week, then I got my period the day before weigh day so was feeling very bloated, so I was really pleased to still loose this week, as I was expecting a maintain.
Week Five Weight Loss:
Total Weight Loss = 11 Pounds in five weeks.
17 pounds left to go for my Christmas goal of 2 stone.
You can read other posts from the Loving Me series here:
Come back next week for part six of Loving Me.
This is a collaborative post.
If you liked this post please share. For all the latest posts subscribe to my weekly newsletter below or follow me on my social networks.
I’ve shared this post on some of these fab linkys…