A fantastic beef madras recipe for you this week. One that is so delicious it feels like you are being naughty by eating it. Warning though, this one is not for the feint hearted. It is hot!
- 900g lean diced beef
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Red Chilies (finely chopped)
- 6 Cardamon Pods
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 1 Tablespoon Madras Curry Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger
- 2 Teaspoons Coriander
- 2 Teaspoons Dry Chili Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 250ml Beef Stock
- Rice to serve
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker, give it a stir and cook on medium for at least 4 hours. Although the longer the better.
- Whilst cooking your rice transfer the madras to a frying pan and cook on high to reduce the excess liquid. This is the perfect time to remove the cardamon pods and cloves.
- Serve with the rice.
- Tzatziki dip makes a fantastic accompaniment and cools things down a little.
Loving Me is a weekly weight loss series following the LighterLife Fast plan.
My Weight Loss Diary
What is LighterLife Fast?
LighterLife Fast is based on the 5:2 diet concept. You eat healthily for 5 days and then fast for 2 days on restricted calories. On the fast days you eat 4 of the LighterLife Fast food packs. These food packs give you 100% of your daily nutrition.
Last week was the first time that I actually felt like I had lost weight. I noticed it in my waist which is always the first place I loose it. Sods law that it’s never my hips or thighs! Even so I felt positive. Slowly but surely seems to be my mantra.
I’m so close to my first stone, but sadly this week I maintained. I think it’s down to my period, as my weight fluctuates load when it’s my time of the month. Fingers crossed for me for next week.
Week Ten Weight Loss:
Total Weight Loss = 13 Pounds
You can read other posts from the Loving Me series here:
Come back next week for part eleven of Loving Me.
This is a collaborative post.
If you liked this post please share. For all the latest posts subscribe to my weekly newsletter below or follow me on my social networks.
I’ve shared this post on some of these fab linkys…