I love cooking with herbs and spices, and both the husband and I enjoy spicy food. When Schwartz contacted me and asked me to feature a recipe using their oregano herb, I knew exactly which recipe I would choose.
During the week we don’t do family dinners. The husband gets in from work just in time for bath and bed (the small people, not him!). Once the kids are asleep the husband and I have our dinner. The thought of spending another hour prepping another dinner is exhausting in itself. All I want to do is chill on the sofa and watch Homelands. That’s why this slow cooker Jambalaya is perfect.
I prepare it in the morning whilst simultaneously feeding small people and packing book bags and generally being all kinds of super mum. Then at the end of the day when bath time is done it’s just a case of grabbing a spoon and a bowl. Perfect!
It’s deliciously warming and filling. Plus the house smells mouth wateringly good whilst it’s cooking!
- 3 x Diced Chicken Thighs
- 1 x Pack of Large Prawns
- Diced Choritzo (Quantity to your liking)
- 1 x Tin Chopped Tomatoes or Passata
- 1 x Finely Diced Red Onion
- 1 x Diced Red Pepper
- 2 Cups of Rice
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 2 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 Pint Stock (Chicken or Vegetable)
- Place all ingredients except for the rice and prawns into the slow cooker. Give it a stir and cook on high for three and a half hours.
- After three and a half hours stir in the rice and prawns and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Great served with hunks of crusty bread
This post was written in collaboration with Schwartz
To receive a weekly newsletter with posts from me subscribe here:
If you like this post please share it on your favourite social media. It makes me do happy dances.
Make me Pintrest perfect! Pin this…
For more from Life, Love and Dirty Dishes follow my social networks.
I’ve shared this post on some of these fab linkys…